Sorry for lack of information in my last question, but xerxes I believe to be about 3 years old I'm not sure. He was a rescue case really, I bought him off of an acquaintance and he was very brown when I got him approximately 6 months ago. He eats about 10 superworms every 2 days but lately only been eating about twice a week. I'm not sure how much weight gain there has been due to not having a scale.

Hello Mike,

Xerxes appears to be male.  His crest is much larger than the one that was on our female
before.  Below is a link to a picture that has a male & female pictured together.  It
should help show the differences.
I think he looks great though, his tail base is nice & thick as well as his muscle tone, also.  
He doesn't look overweight to me however.  He eats a pretty good amount, for an adult then.  He can have up to 30-40 or so feeders weekly.
Let me know what you think of the pictures.  His pictures look great!

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.