Reptiles/Bearded Dragon

Question
Tail Rot?
Tail Rot?  
I think that my bearded dragon may have tail rot. I have no veterinarian clinic near me that treats reptiles, would there be anything that I can do to help by bearded dragon?

Answer
Hello Yanelli,

It could be tail rot, but it looks more like the darkening right before a shed.  It doesn't appear injured, either.  Can you think of anytime that he could have hurt his tail?  It is hard & dry or flexible & pliable feeling?
Has he been shedding in other areas previously?  
You can get some shea butter to put on his tail to moisturize it right now, in case it is getting ready for a shed.
How is his appetite doing?
Can you run over your tank setup with me also, such as the type & brand of UVB light, temperatures & supplementation given too just to be sure everything is correct.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar