Reptiles/[Wild] skink

Question
Hi I have just caught a wild skink I found it around y garden it sem to have runedd into some preadtor ause it tail was bleeding and some scle where off I brang him in wahed him up and put some polie sprin on his wound it  damdge scale are starting to turn black is thi normal and the first day I found him i found some cricket and fed it to him but now he not eating is there any thing I can do Im very worried since I dont like to see pain in animals

Answer
Hi Raph,

The best thing you can do for him at this point is to release him in a safe spot close to where you found him.

You have done all you can for him and now he has to heal but that won't happen when he is under the stress of captivity. Wild reptiles do not adjust well to captivity and frequently stop eating and eventually just die from the stress.

The goal with helping injured wildlife is always to get them back to their normal, wild life as soon as possible.

Many skinks have tails or skin that is designed to come off when they are grabbed by a predator. This allows them to escape.  

Reptiles

Thea