Reptiles/Frillled Dragon

I have been trying to look for an answer about a question I have about frilled dragons. Can you put 2 male frilled dragons in the same terrarium together? Or can you put 2 female frilled dragons in the same terrarium together? I know about how the male beardies are very territorial but if my 2 male frilled dragons would fight like that, I don't want to put them together. As for putting 2 females together, I don't know if they would get along together? I know about how female beardies can be together, but not about female frilled dragons together.

Hello Kailey,

It is usually not a good idea in any species really, to put two males together.  They are too territorial & it will stress them too much.  
You should be able to put two females together as long as there is adequate space for them.  Sometimes it works for bearded dragons, but a lot of times it doesn't, to put two females together.  Bearded dragons do much better in their own tanks though.  
If you wanted to try housing the two female frilled dragons together, you can.  I would highly recommend closely monitoring them at first to be sure there are no dominance issues or aggression going on.
What sized tank do you plan on using?
Send a picture of your tank if you have one, just so I can see the size & dimensions.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.