Reptiles/gator attack in orlando

A couple of days ago, a small child was taken by an alligator in Orlando fl. Well tonight on the news they say they have euthanized some gators but still haven't gotten the right one. My question is, how will they know if they do? Will it look different or behave differently or admit guilt? How do they know.

Hello Joyce,

I have been hearing about a lot of gator accidents out there!  
The only way to determine whether not they got the right one would be to do an autopsy on them & cut them open.  Their digestive system is very slow so if they have anything in their system they will find it, unfortunately.
Be careful out that way.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.