Residential Property Management/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
renting while retired3/1/2017Mike Fortunato
  Q: I'm 65 and have lived in the same apartment for 20 years and am now retired. If I want to move to a ...
  A: You would simply need to demonstrate to the landlord the source of income sufficient to cover your ...
Installed an alarm system2/27/2017Mike Fortunato
  Q: About 3 weeks ago I stopped a break in to the house I am renting. It was around midnight when the ...
  A: I think you should be fine to install the system. I see no reason any landlord would object, except ...
Landlord sold our rental property/ dog clean up etiquette2/16/2017Mike Fortunato
  Q: my fiancÚ and I have been renting a house since July 2015 with our two dogs. When we went to renew ...
  A: In short, yes you should should probably say something if you're concerned about security deposit ...
Property Management Opportunities in Portland, Oregon1/15/2017Gary C. Dunn
  Q: I was wondering if you are aware of where I can find property management opportunities in Portland, ...
  A: we do get Property Management Opportunities in Portland, Oregon. We can help you by posting your ad ...
I signed a conflicting lease contract. Do I have to pay for the extra 10 days?1/10/2017Mike Fortunato
  Q: This is the conflict in the lease: 1. Rent. Resident agrees to pay as rent for said apartment the ...
  A: That's going to come down to a legal interpretation of how the lease was written (which in my ...
Lease is voided... now what?1/9/2017Mike Fortunato
  Q: Fortunato, I hope you can shed some light on this situation. I am a tenant, and I WAS being evicted. ...
  A: You're probably not going to like my answer, but the basic situation is that you seem to be ...
Breaking Lease, Landlord's Obligation To Replace In Good Faith12/8/2016Mike Fortunato
  Q: I live in Oregon and need to break my lease and move out before the lease ends. There is a lease ...
  A: Sometimes when a tenant breaks a lease, a landlord will offer an early termination fee to allow for ...
if move after 20 years12/1/2016Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  Q: I've lived in the same apartment for over 20 years. When I moved in, my deposit was only about $100, ...
  A: Lee, and thanks for your question! The simple answer is, "Possibly." My experience is in ...
HOA12/1/2016John Souerbry
  Q: I am having a hard time finding information about how to/if we can start a home owners association. ...
  A: A Homeowners Association is a non-profit corporation, therefore I recommend you speak with an ...
Getting apts A.D.A accessible.9/14/2016Mike Fortunato
  Q: Fortunato, I was wondering if you can tell me who do I contact when I see apts that don't have ...
  A: I suppose you could try speaking with the property managers or property owners, but this issue is ...
Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for7/30/2016K. David Meit, CPM
  Q: Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV, and high speed internet, ...
  A: Please note I am not an attorney nor am I licensed in the state of Michigan. For legal advise, ...
Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV7/30/2016Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  A: The simple answer is that no matter where you are in The United States, you should not assume that ...
Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable7/30/2016John Souerbry
  A: I'm in California, therefore I am not able to give you a specific answer regarding landlord ...
Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV, and high speed internet, included in renting an apartment?7/30/2016Donald J. Leske II
  A: I am in Washington State and am not sure of what may be offered, but I would say that in apartments ...
Rental agencies in Washington state6/26/2016Donald J. Leske II
  Q: First of all, I'd like to thank the person ahead of time who takes the time to answer my questions. ...
  A: Many people find themselves in a pickle so to speak due to circumstances they could not control. ...
condos6/12/2016Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  Q: Debbie Flanders and Camila Varela are office staff of Potomac Oaks Condos in Gaithersburg md. There ...
  A: Ironically, I used to live in Montgomery County. I lived in Silver Spring and later in Rockville ...
condos6/12/2016Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  Q: I live in Potomac Oaks Condos in Gaithersburg md with Debbie and Camila as office personnel. There ...
condo6/12/2016Stefani Nachatilo
  A: Normally condos have some kind of operating board of directors. Document the mismanagement and ...
Tenant landlord5/25/2016Mike Fortunato
  Q: We have been renting a house going on 5 years. We have a very good relationship with our landlord !! ...
  A: This depends on how your lease is worded. If you as the tenant are responsible for these sorts of ...
Handicap accessibility after renting5/21/2016Mike Fortunato
  Q: We have 1 rental property and out current tenant gave notice he is moving out. We have showed the ...
  A: The major regulations covering handicap accessibility is the ADA (American with Disabilities Act), ...
property management4/28/2016K. David Meit, CPM
  Q: I'm a landlord and we have a management company managing the property. But we now want to manage by ...
  A: Lucy, Thank you for your inquiry. Please be reminded I am not an attorney, offer no legal advice ...
Farm Management4/19/2016Mike Fortunato
  Q: Are there property management companies that manage farms? If so, how does a farm owner locate one? ...
  A: Unfortunately in our area there aren't many farms so I'm not sure. I would try an internet search ...
Renter Question....3/30/2016Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  Q: once we had moved into our rented property we discovered that the apartment had been broken into 3 ...
  A: With the recent Passover holiday, I lost track of questions that were waiting for me. I had a ...
Lease obligation1/21/2016Mike Fortunato
  Q: I currently rent a private condo through a property management company. My first lease expired ...
  A: Based on what you described, and assuming there is no automatic renewal clause or option to extend ...
Rental question1/6/2016Donald J. Leske II
  Q: I have a couple questions. My situation is that I am planning a move from Alabama to the NYC area ...
  A: First I must state that I am not licensed to do business in your state and cannot give legal advice. ...
Property damages by landlord vendors1/3/2016Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  Q: Back in October of this year, our home was flooded due to rain. We were renting a property from an ...
  A: In any event, this opinion is based on my 25 years of experience in residential and commercial real ...
Personal property damage1/3/2016Mike Fortunato
  A: First thing I would do is amend the claim with your personal property insurance company. They can ...
Rental property and damages1/3/2016Donald J. Leske II
  A: First of all let me say that I am not an Attorney and cannot give legal advice, plus I am not ...
Rental property in California12/6/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: I live in the San Fernando Valley, located in southern CA. I'm trying to figure out if it makes ...
  A: First, investing in SoCal will likely always be a worthwhile consideration, IF the numbers work out. ...
Firing Property Manager10/14/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: Unfortunately we are using a property manager who in the last four years has failed to pay our real ...
  A: Tony, 1. You should first issue a demand letter stating the reason you feel she is responsible, ...
apartments problem10/8/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: K im in texas and i recently paid app fee deposit.to hold my apartment.i was told the apt was to be ...
  A: I don't have much information to go by, but based on what you wrote, if you have not yet signed a ...
Pest control on rental property9/30/2015Donald J. Leske II
  Q: I'm trying to find out if my landlord is responsible for providing pest control services under the ...
  A: I am not Licensed in California although I lived there for many years. Also I am not an Attorney so ...
Rental advice9/7/2015Adam L. Greenberg CPS
  Q: I applied for an apartment and before getting approved I paid 700$ for them to hold it, I won't have ...
  A: Please note this updated answer, revised for clarity: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just ...
Exterior window cleaning8/11/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: I live in a high-rise apartment building (15+ floors). Is it the tenant or the landlord's ...
  A: That would ordinarily be the landlord's maintenance responsibility in the type of building you ...
Excessive noise from neighbors7/20/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: Fortunato, I truly hope you can help me. I live in Vladeck Housing Projects on the Lower East ...
  A: I get this question a lot, and almost always the best approach is to personally speak with the ...
Adding daughter to lease7/17/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: My fiance is pregnant (she is on lease) and we are expecting our daughter soon (due date is July ...
  A: Jared, you should first check your lease to determine if there's a provision for additional rent ...
Excessive noise from neighbors7/15/2015Donald J. Leske II
  Q: Leske, I live in a pretty good neighborhood projects in Manhattan with my mother and father. It's ...
  A: --- Hello David, I like your question, in fact i think it would be good for you copy/paste your ...
Edit online Lease6/26/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: I was planning on re-newing an apartment lease and the management sent me an online lease though ...
  A: The lease wouldn't be official until the landlord signed it as well, so most likely they would catch ...
Eviction Extension, etc.6/19/2015Mike Fortunato
  Q: I live in Rockwall County, TX in my grandmother's home (she lives elsewhere). There is no written ...
  A: Well, I'm sure you won't like the answer, but no....you do not have any legal grounds to extend ...
Expired Contract6/9/2015Donald J. Leske II
  Q: I was renting a home for 3.5 years. The most recent lease expired in Nove,ber of 2014. Three months ...
  A: First thank you for your inquiry. I must disclose that I am not an Attorney nor am I licensed in ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Top Expert on this page