Residential Property Management/Business Entities

I'm in a process of setting up a residential property management company in California and wanted to know if my company can be set up as a LLC or does it have to be a corporation.  Also, what in your opinion would be a benefit of either a LLC or a corporation for running a property management company?
Thank you in advance for your kind and prompt attention on this matter.

I'm fairly certain you could choose either entity, but as for which is better for your particular situation, that should be answered by an accountant/CPA or attorney. I don't know enough on the ramifications of each to provide a complete enough answer, and I'm sure there are details about your organization that would play a role in which is best (number of owners, etc).

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management

I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)