Residential Property Management/CAM > CAPS > CPM

Question
I read one of your articles and found it quite helpful. I am currently a licensed real estate broker and in the process of obtaining my CAM License. In the article I read of yours, you mentioned to then go for the CAPS and then the CPM. I read on another site that you need a 4 year degree to obtain the CPM. Is that a true statement? I appreciate your time and assistance.

Thank you,

Thomas White

Answer
Hello Thomas,

I'm glad I could be of assistance. Having a four year degree is one way to satisfy the requirements for CPM however it's not the only way; please check out the link below for all of the current options:

https://www.irem.org/sec1ins.cfm?sec=joinirem&con=cpm.cfm&par=

(you can download a PDF of the requirements here: https://www.irem.org/pdfs/joinirem/CPMChecklist.pdf)

I hope this helps!

Doug

Residential Property Management

Doug Chasick, The Apartment Doctor