Residential Property Management/HOA parking restrictions

Is it illegal for an HOA to not allow pick-up trucks to park on the project's private property, even though our CC&Rs and Rules and Regulations forbid such parking?  Can you provide the pertinent code?  Thank you.

I'm having trouble understanding your question the way it is written. If you're asking whether an HOA has the right to forbid parking of pickup trucks, unfortunately I'm not an attorney (and I'm sure the laws vary by state), so I'm not sure I have an answer for you. I will say that such a regulation would be highly unusual, and one I've never seen before. I have seen regulations against the parking of work trucks, but not regular unmarked personal pickup trucks. Nor would I understand the reason why pickups would be disallowed.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management

I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)