Residential Property Management/Property management laws

I own a property in Austin Texas. We currently have it rented and managed by property managers. My question is can they make repairs to the property without notifying us.. Secondle they say they are not allowed to enter and inspect the property until tennat leaves. I would like it inspected before next rental renewal.

For the first question, your management agreement should provide for details on what the management company may do (or not do) and what approvals are needed.

On the second question, most leases will allow inspection of the premises with the appropriate notice to the tenant. You should consult the lease on what that notice period might be.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management

I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)