Residential Property Management/Property management laws

Question
I own a property in Austin Texas. We currently have it rented and managed by property managers. My question is can they make repairs to the property without notifying us.. Secondle they say they are not allowed to enter and inspect the property until tennat leaves. I would like it inspected before next rental renewal.

Answer
For the first question, your management agreement should provide for details on what the management company may do (or not do) and what approvals are needed.

On the second question, most leases will allow inspection of the premises with the appropriate notice to the tenant. You should consult the lease on what that notice period might be.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato