Residential Property Management/Query

Question
Good day
Got the following question for someone who wants to rent out their condo.
If the person has paid off for the property and does not have a mortgage what does one say to a realtor who inquires about the mortgage.
If one is renting out his or her home is one legally obligated to disclosure mortgage information to the realtor / property manager and what should one say if want one wants to keep this issue private.

Sam

Answer
S. Mahabir:

An owner has no obligation to discuss their personal finances but it would depend on why the property manager is asking the question. If the property manager is responsible for paying the mortgage on behalf of the owner, of course they would need to know the details. The property manager may also be concerned the property is underwater and the client will become financially stressed - making their job more difficult due to the lack of funds for upkeep, etc.

An owner's property manger is a business partner and should be made aware of any conditions that may affect the proper management of the real estate.

NOTE: Please do not use the term "realtor" unless you know the real estate licensee is a member of the National Association of Realtors®. The term "Realtor®" is a trademark of the NAR.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

David

Residential Property Management

K. David Meit, CPM