Residential Property Management/Question on Renting

Good day
Got the following question for someone who wants to rent out their condo.
If the person has paid off for the property and does not have a mortgage, what does one say to a realtor who inquires about the mortgage.
If one is renting out his or her home is one legally obligated to disclosure mortgage information to the realtor / property manager and what should one say if want one wants to keep this issue private.

If I understand correctly, the house is being advertised for rent, and the realtor is asking about a mortgage? That doesn't sound right, since why would a realtor care, since it has no effect on a tenancy. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the realtor wants to make sure the loan isn't in default or being foreclosed on, which could subject the tenants to problems down the road. If that last part is true, then you can either choose to answer the question, or choose another realtor and keep the information private. I'm not sure why disclosing that the property is free and clear would be a problem as that shouldn't compromise your privacy.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management

I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)