Residential Property Management/Key west condo

Question
We recently inherited a condo in key west,fla.  We live in ohio.  The condo manager has been less than forthcoming about the numer of rentals per year.  How can we be sure the condo os rented or empty,  should we get an audit done for the past year.  Should we request a occupied callendar.  It rents for about 6K per month.  Thank you.

Answer
--- Hi Tim,

HOLY COW... $6,000 a month rent? That more than warrants a forensic audit, or even chat with another competing property management company about how they would handle your books.., if you should choose to switch companies. Not that you would necessary do that, but it could give you a wealth of free information about how books and accounting are done with another company. Then if you are getting some good vibes/feedback and need to make a move you would also then have a "go to" company to turn to perhaps. You may have to ask questions and get answers from a couple competing PM companies.

I would also advise that you look for a member of NARPM.org ....as their members are held to higher standards. I hope this informaion has helped.

Kind regards,

-Don Leske Sr. / Broker
BCI Properties, LLC
Tacoma, WA

Residential Property Management

Donald J. Leske II