Residential Property Management/Managing owner's property as employee

Question
It has always been my understanding that if you were working for the owner of a property as an employee that you were not required to have a license as you are the owner's employee and managing the owner's property is part of the job. I have worked for owners in California who own several residential/commercial properties as a paid employee for the past seven years and have never been required to have a license.  However I cannot find anything on the web to confirm this.

Answer
Hi Sylvia,

That is my understanding and experience as well, and the place to look to confirm that would be the CA Dept. of Real Estate (http://www.dre.ca.gov/). I'm guessing the best place to look would be in their reference guide: http://www.dre.ca.gov/Publications/ReferenceBook.html

I hope this helps! Doug

Residential Property Management

Doug Chasick, The Apartment Doctor