You are here:

Residential Property Management/1st step to become a license Prop. Mgr



Emailing you from the Aloha State on the outer island of Kauai.
I am wanting to get information to become a Residential Property Manager here in Hawaii.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.


Jamie Costa

I'm not sure what the rules are in your state. Here in CA, you must be a licensed real estate agent in most situations, so if the same requirement exists there, that's a good place to start. You should also think about working at a property management company as an assistant to gain experience in the industry. Best of luck.

Residential Property Management

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mike Fortunato


Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management


I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]