Residential Property Management/Vacant Land

Question
I have been told that I have new neighbors in Guffey, CO (Park County) that have "items" on my property which I did not authorized (I'm in NC)

1.  Am I able to contact the local sheriff's office to have them remove the people?

2.  How can I find out the statute of limitations for filing an ejection action if needed?

Answer
You can try contacting the police to have them removed for trespassing. However,  they may require someone to meet them there. Also they may not take action unless you have the appropriate no trespassing signage in place. Lastly you could encounter an objection by the police as their refusal to get involved on the basis that it's a civil matter.  If that happens, you'll need a CO real estate attorney to help get the squatters removed legally.  I'm not familiar with CO law so I can't answer how long you have to take action, but I recommend doing so without delay.  Best of luck.  

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato