Residential Property Management/Vacant Land


I have been told that I have new neighbors in Guffey, CO (Park County) that have "items" on my property which I did not authorized (I'm in NC)

1.  Am I able to contact the local sheriff's office to have them remove the people?

2.  How can I find out the statute of limitations for filing an ejection action if needed?

You can try contacting the police to have them removed for trespassing. However,  they may require someone to meet them there. Also they may not take action unless you have the appropriate no trespassing signage in place. Lastly you could encounter an objection by the police as their refusal to get involved on the basis that it's a civil matter.  If that happens, you'll need a CO real estate attorney to help get the squatters removed legally.  I'm not familiar with CO law so I can't answer how long you have to take action, but I recommend doing so without delay.  Best of luck.  

Residential Property Management

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mike Fortunato


Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management


I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]