Residential Property Management/Homeowners association

Question
Hi I am looking for advice.  I have had a trellis in front of my home for over 10 years, now I get a letter stating I must remove it.  They claim its messing up my roof (its not)  in the way of painting, it has screws I can remove for painting.  I have expensive plants on it, and it gives me a little privacy.  Must I remove it?  I am following the rule of no items past the roof line its right under it.

Answer
If the trellis isn't in violation of the association rules, then you probably don't need to remove it. Have you tried communicating with the association manager to let them know you can help in pulling it back so that painting can be done? I recommend trying that to see if there's a way you can retain the trellis (on the assumption it is not in violation of some rule or the CC&Rs).

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato