Residential Property Management/Homeowners association

Hi I am looking for advice.  I have had a trellis in front of my home for over 10 years, now I get a letter stating I must remove it.  They claim its messing up my roof (its not)  in the way of painting, it has screws I can remove for painting.  I have expensive plants on it, and it gives me a little privacy.  Must I remove it?  I am following the rule of no items past the roof line its right under it.

If the trellis isn't in violation of the association rules, then you probably don't need to remove it. Have you tried communicating with the association manager to let them know you can help in pulling it back so that painting can be done? I recommend trying that to see if there's a way you can retain the trellis (on the assumption it is not in violation of some rule or the CC&Rs).

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management

I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)