Residential Property Management/going from renting to selling...

Question
Mr. Leske,

First of all, thank you very much for volunteering on this site!

Brief background:   We were trying to sell a house in Louisiana for a while but since we couldn't, we decided to rent it.  The sales agent passed us onto their property mgt section.  Through them we rented our house out.  -   The contract we have w/the rental agent only specifies the amount of rent, nothing about option to buy.

Q: Should the renter want to buy our house, would the renting agent - whom we hired - have any right to any commission?

Q:  Am I under any obligation to retain my rental agent for any period of time?   In other words, after they found a renter (who appears to have a rental agent as well) for us, what sort of obligation - if any - do I have to them?  Right now they are getting 10% of the rent.

Q: Under what circumstances would it be OK for me to make direct contact with the renters?  

Once again, thank you very much for volunteering on this site!  
Sincerely,
Pablo Durissimo

Answer
Hello Pablo,

All your questions must be within your contract for services, or they are most likely not required. All terms must be spelled out to be enforceable. I am not licensed in your state and I am not an Attorney so cannot give legal advice.

You will notice that on my contract with Owners of rental properties, that I have all terms and conditions spelled out. See:

http://bcirent.com/docs/Owner-Agency-Contract_7-28-2014_watermarked.pdf

Sorry if I am a bit brief today as I am not feeling well.

Kind regards,

Don Leske Sr. / Broker
BCI PROPERTIES, LLC
Washington State

Residential Property Management

Donald J. Leske II