Residential Property Management/small claims court

Question
I am a property owner in Hawaii. My last tenant took me to small claims court in HI and apparently won the case by default of my inability to be present. I was notified by certified mail to be present only 5 days before the court date. I later received a text from my tenant stating she had won by default. Now she is stating she is filing the judgement in Honolulu county and the county in which I reside. I live in California. Does she acutally have the ability to file judgemnt and have my payment to her deducted from my paycheck from another state? I have never been notified by the court about any of this. I am questioning how she can force me to pay her by a default judgement from a different state.
Thank you for your time and response.

Answer
I'm sorry, but this question is better asked to an attorney, and probably one that is familiar with the laws in both states. My guess is that there's probably a way to appeal the judgment to a higher court (especially if you weren't properly served), but not sure of the time frames involved.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato