Residential Property Management/repars

My ceallin has been leaking for over 7mounths and i have told my landlord bout this countles times and we have mold in the actic where its been leakin thay keep sayin thay are goin to fix it but its been 7mounths then my hotwater heater is goin out my stove only has one eye workin on it.....i want this fixed and if i take it out my pocket to do so i want them to take it off my rent so how can i make them pay for it all....cause nowhere in my contract does it say that if somthin go wrong i have to fix it nowhere does it say anything like that at all so how can i make them fix it ALL

REPAIRS - Most all states have Landlord Tenant Laws, but I do not know what state you are in. I am only licensed in Washington State. I would like to see you send a letter to your landlord stating what your complaints are, BUT PLEASE ASK SOMEONE TO PROOF READ IT and correct your spelling so that you will get more respect.

Then, make sure your landlord gets the letter and you can prove it. Such as with Certified USPS mail or with a Process server, even a friend who is willing to testify for you if needed. This puts your landlord on notice that they are in violation of state laws. (personally I would move out)

You need to find out in your state what your rights are. You should not have to live like that.

Donald J. Leske Sr. P.M.
Webmaster & Licensed Broker
10909 Portland Ave. Suite-L
Tacoma, WA 98445
Office: 253.531.1010

Residential Property Management

Donald J. Leske II

Advocate for Landlord & Tenant Rights. Based in Washington State as a Licensed Real Estate Broker and Property Manager. I am a Landlord but I am not a Lawyer. Ask any question dealing with the rental of residential properties, including; 1. Evictions. 2. Maintenance & repair issues. 3. How to set a fair rental price. 4. When to hire a property manager. 5. Selling and how to determine value. 6. Basic tax questions and Legal issues ok, but most will be referred to a professional in that field.

I have 30 years experience in Property Management with about 560 clients, plus I own my own Real Estate Brokerage ( with expanded experience & training in Short Sales, Foreclosure negotiations and rental property management. I write an informal online Real Estate News Magazine and am a member of NARPM, National Association of Residential Property Managers and have been quoted by News Agencies.

Rated and reviewed Editorials, Advice and short Articles at Trulia, Active Rain and All Experts online. Advice Contributor contributor
All Experts contributor

ABR Certified, State of Washington Licensed Agent & Broker. Past member of BBB, Chamber of Commerce and Board of Realtors.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Presidents Gold Award for high achievement, John L. Scott Realty. - "Shining Star Award" 2006 - 03/04/05/06 All Star of the Year Award for excellence.

See client testimonies at: