Residential Property Management/Edit online Lease

Question
Hello. I was planning on re-newing an apartment lease and the management sent me an online lease though DocuSign. When I open the document the rent was higher than my current lease, as usual, for the new lease. Then, somehow I clicked on the monthly rent and the lease got a lot cheaper, by hundreds. It seems that the management forgot to adjust the document to where the tenants don't have access to change the lease information. My question; Will they honor the lease that is a lot cheaper? It keeps showing me the low price, even if I close the document and open a new one through the link that the management provided. Is there any chance that I can get in trouble if I sign it?

Thank you

Answer
The lease wouldn't be official until the landlord signed it as well, so most likely they would catch it. Changing the amount wouldn't necessarily get you in trouble (unless the landlord already signed it), but it really isn't the proper thing to do. The correct approach for both parties is to negotiate and come to a mutual agreement on terms, and then sign the document.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato