Residential Property Management/Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable

Question
Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV, and high speed internet, included in renting an apartment? I mean for the US State of Michigan.

Answer
I'm in California, therefore I am not able to give you a specific answer regarding landlord requirements in Michigan. As a general rule, however, utilities are identified in the lease as either paid by the landlord or by the tenant. Some cities require landlords to pay for utilities that are provided by the city or a government-owned entity. The most common are trash, sewage and water. They do this to guarantee they will get paid if the tenant skips out.
If you are already renting or have been offered housing, check the lease to see what is specifically identified for you or the landlord to pay.
If you are looking for a legal opinion regarding state-mandated services, I recommend consulting with a Michigan real estate broker or attorney.

Residential Property Management

John Souerbry