Residential Property Management/Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV

Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV, and high speed internet, included in renting an apartment? I mean for the US State of Michigan.

Hello!  The simple answer is that no matter where you are in The United States,  you should not assume that anything is included unless it's written into your lease.  I was formerly.a member of The National Association of REALTORS.  Generally speaking,  all contracts for real estate must be I'm writing. This opinion is based on experience gained in 25 years in commercial real estate.  A lease is a lease and a tenant is a tenant.  Real estate agents aren't licensed differently for one specialty or the other. If you have a legitimate concern,  you should contact a real estate professional who is familiar with requirements in Michigan or even your area. Thank you for choosing AllExperts! If you have follow-up questions or need clarification, I'm happy to help.  Please remember to rate your Expert!

Residential Property Management

Adam L. Greenberg CPS

I have several years of experience in commercial property management, particularly in tenant retention but also in day-to-day tenant relations and service. Tenant relations and property management are the same whether residential or commercial--everyone takes he same licensing classes. It's the practical work experience that differentiates the two. I can answer questions relating to general topics but by law, because I am licensed as a Real Estate Salesperson by The Missouri Real Estate Commission (since 2005), I cannot give legal advice and as per Items #4 and #5 of the AllExperts User Agreement, my answers may not be construed as such.

I began my career in property management with the residence hall operations at a large state university. I worked with everything that had to do with the tenants (students), from directly managing front desk operations to working behind-the-scenes with support staff. Professionally, for six years, I was a member of a property management team which managed dozens of commercial and residential properties in Downtown Washington, DC; Arlington, Virginia; and Bethesda, Maryland. I also have four years experience as a management agent for an absentee owner in Saint Louis, Missouri.

Former member, Washington Area Concierge Association (WACA), Washington, DC Former member, St. Louis Association of REALTORS.

BA Speech Communication, University of Maryland, 1993 Graduate of American School of Real Estate, St. Louis, Missouri, 2005 Certified Property Management Specialist (CPS), 2010 Successful completion of Continuing Education courses in Ethics, Diversity