Residential Property Management/Getting apts A.D.A accessible.

Hi there Mr. Fortunato,

I was wondering if you can tell me who do I contact when I see apts that don't have ramps or rails for the disabled in Sacramento, Ca?? I'm a non-emergency transport driver and I come across apartments that are not A.D.A compliant all the time. I heard once these aprtments are notified that they have to install these ramps and rails, etc, they will.
         Thanks, Ken

I suppose you could try speaking with the property managers or property owners, but this issue is usually more complex than meets the eye. Often there are difficulties in putting ramps on older properties, particularly when they are built on sloping terrain. But you can certainly begin by having a friendly conversation with whomever is in charge of the properties to explore the possibility.

Residential Property Management

Mike Fortunato

Very familiar with all aspects of property management (tenant/landlord issues, lease administration, facilities maintenance, financials, etc). 25+ years in property management

I have been in real estate management for 25+ years, both residential and commercial properties. Currently own and operate a commercial and residential real estate management company in southern California.

IREM; BOMA; MLS; National Association of Realtors; California Association of Realtors

CPM (Certified Property Manager) and RPA (Real Property Administrator)