Residential Property Management/Questions Answered by Expert Adam L. Greenberg CPS

SubjectDate Asked
if move after 20 years12/1/2016
  Q: I've lived in the same apartment for over 20 years. When I moved in, my deposit was only about $100, ...
  A: Lee, and thanks for your question! The simple answer is, "Possibly." My experience is in ...
Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV7/30/2016
  Q: Is gas, heat, water, electricity, trash removal, cable connection for TV, and high speed internet, ...
  A: The simple answer is that no matter where you are in The United States, you should not assume that ...
condos6/12/2016
  Q: Debbie Flanders and Camila Varela are office staff of Potomac Oaks Condos in Gaithersburg md. There ...
  A: Ironically, I used to live in Montgomery County. I lived in Silver Spring and later in Rockville ...
condos6/12/2016
  Q: I live in Potomac Oaks Condos in Gaithersburg md with Debbie and Camila as office personnel. There ...
Renter Question....3/30/2016
  Q: once we had moved into our rented property we discovered that the apartment had been broken into 3 ...
  A: With the recent Passover holiday, I lost track of questions that were waiting for me. I had a ...
Property damages by landlord vendors1/3/2016
  Q: Back in October of this year, our home was flooded due to rain. We were renting a property from an ...
  A: In any event, this opinion is based on my 25 years of experience in residential and commercial real ...
Rental advice9/7/2015
  Q: I applied for an apartment and before getting approved I paid 700$ for them to hold it, I won't have ...
  A: Please note this updated answer, revised for clarity: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just ...
Do I have the grounds to ask for my money back and rent somewhere else?3/23/2015
  Q: Im a university student in a private institution. Our res fees are just as high as our actual ...
  A: You got lucky, or maybe not, depending on your point of view. Not only am I recently-retired real ...
Out of state owner vrs Property management11/3/2014
  Q: Having problems with my out of state home, the word is the refrigerator is not working and the ...
  A: I've been in both the position of lessee and agent-for-owner. I've also recently left real-estate ...
Is it legal?9/18/2014
  Q: I have had a trellis in front of my home for over 10 years, now I get a letter stating I must remove ...
  A: The best answer is, "Maybe." I recently saw a piece on a show like 20/20 that showed a small item ...
going from renting to selling...9/2/2014
  Q: Greenberg, First of all, thank you very much for volunteering on this site! Brief background: We ...
  A: You have three questions here. Let's go through them. Q1: Should the renter want to buy our house, ...
Rental damage exceeds security deposit - How to address this?8/11/2014
  Q: I have a tenant who will be moving out the 17th of this month. He has given me a security deposit ...
  A: My opinion, having been both a lessee and agent-for-owner, is that the security deposit is just ...
how much time do I have to file claim on matters of..owner neglecting his duties to care for the health nd safety of residents in my apartmnt..,a slip,fall nd injury7/8/2014
  Q: About a month ago I slipped and fell due to a sprinkler that has not been properly repaired for 5 ...
  A: I'm a recently-retired real-estate agent and former agent-for-owner. We never give legal ...
Query..6/16/2014
  Q: Good day With reference to the rental of a townhome that I rented through a realtor last year and ...
  A: I'm a recently-retired real-estate agent and former agent-for-owner. (REALTOR is an industry ...
Apt Owner harassment4/19/2013
  Q: My daughter has an agreement with the owner of the apartment that she rents to pay the rent when she ...
  A: State law does not permit me to dispense legal advice, so I'd suggest consulting an attorney for ...

All Questions in This Category

Residential Property Management

Adam L. Greenberg CPS

Top Expert on this page