Residential Property Management/Questions Answered by Expert Gary C. Dunn

SubjectDate Asked
Property Management Opportunities in Portland, Oregon1/15/2017
  Q: I was wondering if you are aware of where I can find property management opportunities in Portland, ...
  A: we do get Property Management Opportunities in Portland, Oregon. We can help you by posting your ad ...
caretaker/tennant6/14/2014
  Q: I have a handwritten agreement for at least $450.00 per month in caretaking jobs around my home, ...
  A: can I safely say,under California law --> Sorry Ray, but we do not California law, since we're not ...
Rentals?5/6/2012
  Q: How are you? I live in Waco, Texas, and right now, I am moving out of my house at the end of the ...
  A: Do you know of anything else I can type in to get a better search? --> Sorry I don't Miss Wilson. ...
Caretaker's agreement9/15/2011
  Q: We have recently inherited 10 acres with an unfinished house that is habitable. A couple is ...
  A: you can email me at caretaker@caretaker.org and then we can email you a draft agreement to use. ...
Caretaker for a Life Estate property7/22/2011
  Q: Gary, My mother was granted a Life Estate right to a home she was provided with in a divorce decree ...
  A: HB, I don't see a question here. Take care, Gary C. Dunn, Publisher THE CARETAKER GAZETTE 3 Estancia ...
Estate Management6/20/2011
  Q: I have searched the web looking for information on estate management.This is the area that i am most ...
  A: there are a number of schools who advertise their estate management courses in THE CARETAKER ...
Am I still legally bond to lease?4/26/2011
  Q: I live in an apartment complex. My mother was supposed be moving into this apt, she is head on the ...
  A: Am I or my mother still legally bond by this lease? --> No Rebecca, if no one signed the lease, then ...
family of three caretaker2/22/2011
  Q: My family and I have recently moved to Northwest Coast. Vancouver Canada area. Currently purchasing ...
  A: are there options to live as a caretaker? --> Yes, of course aj. There are caretaker opportunities ...
Caretaking/option to buy12/14/2010
  Q: My wife and I are retired entrepreneurs and our youngest left for college this fall. We are free to ...
  A: Have you viewed our website at www.caretaker.org to learn how people have been finding properties ...
Changing property managment4/30/2010
  Q: I have had the same property management on a single resident home in Texas. Due to being in the ...
  A: Yasheka, what does your written contract with the property management company say about this? Take ...
caretaker contract3/21/2010
  Q: My husband and I recently purchased property that we would like maintained by a live in caretaker. ...
  A: Linda, you will not find the kind of contract you are looking for online. I recommend that you take ...
Moving Up the Ladder3/17/2010
  Q: I have been working in the apartment industry for 5 years. My title was leasing agent for most of ...
  A: What would you suggest? - Have a detailed resume prepared and a one page reference list with all of ...
Rent Free in Georgia1/24/2010
  Q: I wanted to know if there are any rent free opportunities in the metro atlanta area in Ga, and if ...
  A: Yes Rashad. There are always rent-free living opportunities in every metro area. Word-of-mouth is ...
renting an apartment10/30/2009
  Q: The last 4 years I lived abroad with my husband. When my husband died, I returned to the US. I want ...
  A: Do all landlords have this attitude and does this mean that no landlord will accept me as a tenant ...
dog in apartment during emergency9/22/2009
  Q: Last night in northeast Oklahoma bad storms caused widespread flooding and power outages. My sister ...
  A: colby, what does your lease say about this? what does your lease say about pets in your apartment? ...
renting an apartment7/14/2009
  Q: How are you? I would first like to thank you for taking the time out to answer my question. Okay. I ...
  A: "should I go ahead and just forget about these apartments and try to find somewhere else that I can ...
Entering property management3/16/2009
  Q: I have a business, but want to transition into property management. I have taken several courses in ...
  A: many of our subscribers have taken property management positions out of the pages of THE CARETAKER ...
requirements management company11/17/2008
  Q: What are the requirements? Liceasing, types ( winterization, boardup, upkeep and management), any ...
  A: Vanessa, since each Residential Property Management Company is unique and has different requirements ...
managament of small mobile home community11/14/2008
  Q: I live in Va. I have been managing a small community for my landlord(approximately 15 units)she ...
  A: Is this legal for her not to pay me in any sort of way? --> Yes. Do you get any thing else in ...
parking9/12/2008
  Q: i live in apartment near a school building and ever since school had started parents have been ...
  A: Toni, I would call your local Police Dept, and tell them about this problem and ask them to start ...
Rent Free Offer8/11/2008
  Q: My husband is a personal trainer in a luxury gym. One of his clients offered to let our family stay ...
  A: What sorts of questions do we need answered and what sort of legal documents do we need signed to ...
Residential Property Management7/23/2008
  Q: Dunn, My husband and I would like to become a property management team in the San Fernando Valley ...
  A: we have had many property owners in the San Fernando Valley who have advertised in THE CARETAKER ...
one-year vs. two-year lease7/2/2008
  Q: My wife and I are about to sign a lease for a single-family home in San Francisco. My understanding ...
  A: he says he would sign a two-year or even a five-year lease --> Bill, ask him to put this longer term ...
Trying to sell rental property6/11/2008
  Q: First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to answer my question. My tenant has ...
  A: I am not sure about what you are asking in regard to canceling - but if I were in your shoes - I ...
on-site manager rent deposit4/1/2008
  Q: We employ on-site property managers at several small, recently-acquired apartment complexes (16 to ...
  A: Is there a prevailing standard for whether or not to require a deposit? --> Sorry John, there is no ...
average wages for on-site management3/1/2008
  Q: I have worked for a property management compamy for the last 2 years. We are a Tax Credit property, ...
  A: I have no idea what the average income would be in that area. Have you done a google search for this ...
rent to own2/28/2008
  Q: How does a rent to own property work exactly? Let's say that I would like to either sell my house ...
  A: you can click here and then complete your own rent-to-own agreement: ...
caretaker3/26/2007
  Q: there is a great ad in my local paper asking for a caretaker. though I am female, I believe this is ...
  A: just send them a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for the position, and back it up with a ...
property management jobs1/30/2007
  Q: I have been a low income property manager for about five years. I work for a company called Kier ...
  A: Do you know of any service that actually has management jobs. A private owner looking for someone to ...
College Grads entering property mananement12/15/2006
  Q: I will be graduating college in May 2007 and want to go into the property management field. I've ...
  A: you should scan the Raleigh newspapers a few months before you graduate and you should see assistant ...

All Questions in This Category

Residential Property Management

Gary C. Dunn

Top Expert on this page