Respiratory: Allergies & Sinus Problems/Is it considered poisoning your roommate by purchasing a dog knowing your live-in mate is allergic to dog dander?

Hi, I am wondering if it is considered poisoning to purposely purchase a dog and bring it into a household, knowing that your roommate is allergic to dog dander with intent to make your roommate move out?

Long Story Short:  
While I was away for the Holidays, I learned that my roommate, knowing that I was allergic to Dog dander, purchased a 2nd dog without asking me.
In my opinion she is purposely poisoning me, trying to get me to move out of the house so that way she does not have to. (To read the full living situation, please see below.)
Is that considered poisoning and is that legal?

Here’s the situation: A couple months ago my friend and her dog were being evicted from their apartment, because the landlord made a rule that “no dogs” were allowed on the property. Of course, I felt bad for her. I allowed “my friend” and her dog to move into the house I was renting. We found a 3rd new roommate. The 3 of us signed a brand new lease together.  I have been living in the house since June and they moved in November.
Within the very first week I realized that I was allergic to my friends dog, and told her the unfortunate news. I told her that our living situation was most likely not going to work out, because I was having severe allergies to her dog and that in the meantime we needed to try to find a solution to make it work.  My roommate’s exact response was “If I have to move out then I am going to be a really angry bitch.” Repeating herself over and over that she would turn into a very “angry bitch”.
For the past 2 months I have been unable to live in my house because of my horrible allergic reactions to the dog. My eyes are constantly watering and I'm always coughing, etc.

While I was away for the Holidays, I learned (through Facebook) that my roommate, knowing that I was allergic to dogs, purchased a 2nd puppy without asking me. Now she has 2 dogs in the house that I am allergic to.

In my opinion - by buying another dog, she is intentionally poisoning me, trying to get me to move out of the house so that way she does not have to.  
Would that be considered "poisoning"? Is that legal?

Note: The house I am currently renting is prime real estate, right on the beach. It’s nearly impossible to find such a great rental property, never mind one that allows dogs.
Side Note: Although the 3 of us signed a new lease together, the roommate with the dog still has not paid her portion of the deposit that I paid in full to the landlord.

My personal thing is that the pet thing should have probably been handled in advance as part of the lease that was signed.

Yes, your roommate may have been intentional and that is a very real problem, because it will be YOU moving out now.

The obvious end to all this is bad news for you and just --news-- for your two roommates. A life lesson if you will.

When faced with the opportunity, then EVERYTHING is committed  to writing.

Cheers, Gene

Respiratory: Allergies & Sinus Problems

Gene Sperling

I can answer questions about indoor air quality, respiratory medications, home toxins, allergies and VOC's (volatile organic compounds). Home and office environmental issues and general medication questions regarding side effects and interactions.

I have been a pharmacist for 30 years. I have been director of pharmacy services for a large teaching hospital, and have served as a consultant pharmacist to various out-patient programs. I have organized and managed various infusion programs treating infectious disease, immunologic diseases, and metabolic disorders. For the past 15 years I have operated a national respiratory pharmacy and devoted my time to assessing asthma, COPD, and emphysema patients and their problems. I know how to set-up and maintain a 'clean room' environment and I know how to resourcefully remediate environmental issues that cause health problems.

I am a current or past member of IAQA, IESO, CA Pharmacists Assoc., NCPA, Consultant Pharmacists Assoc., Calcerts, and many others. I have licensing from the GSA (Government Services Organization). I have served on the California Task Force for Disaster Preparedness under the Department of Health Services.

I am in the process of researching the application of Building Science as it relates to the Healthcare Industry. The purpose is to show the relationship(s) between 'sealed environments', poor construction, and improper equipment installations in modern homes and offices. The building boom of the 90's and 00's accelerated at a pace that did not allow proper oversight or adequate research of new techniques in construction design and the trades that applied them.

I have a degree in Pharmacy from the University of Oklahoma. I have upper division courses in bio-pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmacokinetics, toxicology, immunology, microbiology,etc. I have taken numerous post-graduate courses on respiratory disorders, mold, environmental issues, indoor air quality, building science, HVAC, clean room set-ups, womens health, and medication therapy management.

I have received a distinguished achievement award from the County of Los Angeles for work with the Asthma Reading & Education Program sponsered by the UCLA clinics and Martin Luther King Medical Center. I have sponsored winter ski retreats for children with asthma. I have served on the Boards of several home health agencies. My highest honor comes when I can help someone understand how their personal environment influences their health, and how their own awareness positively impacts their quality of living. There is no greater award than helping others.

My past and current clients have been the thousands of patients and physicians that I have consulted for and with to assess alternative approaches to disease management through common sense treatment, and how our personal environment influences our overall health.