Respiratory: Allergies & Sinus Problems/Ear infections

Question
Hi
I have been suffering from chronic ear infections. I am 29 and female. I don't smoke or drink. I have has 4 infections in the past 6 months I also have tons of drainage and a feeling of a lump in my neck/ throat. I went to and ent and he said it could be allergy related and put me on Flonase. He also stuck a camera up my nose and looked down my throat. My question is how far down the ghost can thoses cameras see? Would it have detected an actual lump? I Am also suffering from a very hard lump in my tongue abou half inch from the tip which he feels is a blocked gland and as long as it doesn't grow he won't need to remove it. He feels it is benign. My question is Lso could allergies be causing the fluid ? I did t have much fluid when I went but he said we may consider ear tubes I the Flonase doesn't do the job. He also put me on medicine for acid Felix which he thinks is causing the lump. So how far down in you throat will the camera see?

Answer
Kim

The camera can see almost all the way down the throat. Yes, it could see any visible lumps but not all lumps are visible.

Yes allergies can cause excess fluid created from the immune system and it can stuff up the middle ear.

Cheers, Gene

Respiratory: Allergies & Sinus Problems

Gene Sperling