Respiratory: Allergies & Sinus Problems/Allergies?

Question
Hello sir

Thank you very much for volunteering for this site. I am a 31 y/o male, Family History of High Cholestoral(Dad) and Bladder Cancer(Brother). No Smoking, Occasional Drinker.

The issue I am having is the past 2 weeks, I have been dealing with this upper respiratory issue. I have been coughing up green/Yellow phlegm, Post nasal Drip, runny nose and cough (No Fever). I went to the Doctors to where they performed a CBC and Chest X-Ray. Chest X-ray was negative and CBC showed slight increase in BASOPHILS 2.7(0-2 is normal). I was prescribed Mucinex D, Claritin, Motrin and Saline spray. He said that it did not warrent Antibiotics at this time. That was the first week. This week, The green and yellow went away for the most part, my nose cleared up, but now I am dealing with a Dry Cough and a Hoarse Voice(I assume this is from coughing alot). With this being said, how long will this dry cough last? I feel that it in my throat, not in my chest as I dont feel any type of rattling or respiratory discomfort. Is this because my vocal cords may be swollen, which is given me a sensation to cough? Its like a tickle in the back of my throat that I can not get out, but the coughing is non stop at night. Last question is, what would you recommend me take for this issue? Thank you very much for your valuable time.

Answer
Scott...

You're in a great group. About 2 million others in the US have this or are just getting over it. It typically lasts between 2-4 weeks. I suggest that in addition to the above you begin taking latge doses of Vit C, with Zn. As you get in Airborne or Emergen C. These are proven when taken 4-6 times per day.

Cheers, Gene

Respiratory: Allergies & Sinus Problems

Gene Sperling