Respiratory Therapist/Allergies and benzos

Question
I live in Austin which is apparently the cedar pollen capitol of the world. Every year I suffer tremendous pain, itching, congestion, bronchitis and have even went into pneumonia a couple of times.
I was placed on xanax for anxiety for a couple of years, and noticed that during those years I had hardly any allergy symptoms at all.
I have since tapered off the xanax and started experiencing severe allergy symptoms again. I have missed two weeks of school and work this month being totally laid up due to the severity of the allergy.
My roommate has a script for clonipin, and after suffering for the past several weeks I tried taking a 1/4 tablet of the clonipin and my symptoms improved greatly.
I have never heard or been able to find anything on the internet about benzos affecting allergies. Do you know of any situation like this?

Answer
Hi Joseph,

I have not really heard of anything of this nature before, but then again I am not really qualified to formally discuss allergies and psyche drugs. I would like to recommend you refer this question to either an Allergist or a Pulmonologist, who are qualified to speak on this specific matter.

Best of luck and health,

Larry, RRT

Respiratory Therapist

Larry W. Wical, BA-RRT