Respiratory Therapist/Venti Mask and home concentrator

Question
Is there a venti mask that can be used with the low pressure of a home O2 concentrator?

Answer
Hi Mark,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was out of town for a week and forgot to change my "Vacation" settings in the AllExperts system, so it kept sending me questions that I wasn't checking while on vacation.

Anyway, I worked in home care for 4 years, and to my knowledge any concentrator that goes up to 12-15 Liters should work fine. MANY times I ran tests oin the flow and oxygen content of venti masks in the home setting on O2 concentrators, and they ALWAYS gave me positive feedback that the patients were getting the oxygen they needed based on their SpO2 (oxygen levels in their blood).  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Larry W., RRT

Respiratory Therapist

Larry W. Wical, BA-RRT