Respiratory Therapist/Breathing issue

Question

So it all started on wednesday morning. I woke up feeling out of breath. I couldn't breath properly all morning. I was extremely tired too. i took the rest of the week of to have a rest and relax but my breathing issues still happened. This happened exactly when the weather got really hot and humid. I live in england. my flat had mould developing around the window for years but i never had a problem. After a week i stil now have the same symptoms. i feel like i cant breath fully. just like when you go into an attic that lacks of air. it comes and goes during the day and gets worse during the effort or when i'm tired. I have dry coughs but no phlegm and i dont feel like something should come out of my lungs if you know what i mean. I have discomfort in the middle of the sternum and sometimes light chestbutns in various places. I dont smoke, i dont generally do asthma. i took allergy tablets and they seem to work for a couple of hours. although they javent really worked this morning. I'm desperate i don't know what to do, my doctor tells me its anxiety but i'm really not an anxious person. I hope you can help.

Answer
Hi Enzo,

Thank you for trusting me with your personal health concerns today. I am not a physician, so I cannot say anything that would conflict with what your physician already told you. But, my first thought right away was allergies. I would ask your physician to send you to an Allergist and have them test you for allergies, you may find you are sensitive to things you weren't aware of. Some people grow up with allergies, then grow out of them furing adulthood, but some people have no allergies as achild but "develop" environmental allergies as they get older.  

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Larry W, RRT

Respiratory Therapist

Larry W. Wical, BA-RRT