Respiratory Therapist/Question on xray results.

Question
I am 5'7" and 190lbs. Just had a kid in November. I am a sufferer of asthma. But I have had a sudden onset of severe symptoms that I have never experienced before. I have been to the ER twice Sunday night and Monday night. They took x-rays both nights because of chest pains and not being able to breathe out easily. Sundays xray was normal. Monday they thought I had a blood clot due to an abnormal EKG, but the blood test came back OK. The xray they took says I had underexpanded lungs with cartilage markings. I am wondering what that may mean. They told me nothing in the ER. I am concerned I still could have a blood clot with all my sudden severeness of symptoms. And it does add up to my symptoms. But they say there blood test is very sensitive to that. Is this cause for concern? Or should I watch out for anything that would warrant me going back in regards to this issue?

Answer
Hi Ariel,

I sincerely hope you start to feel better soon. While this question does have a breathing componenet, it sounds like a question that should be answered by a trained physician that specializes in Pulmonology. This is a little more complicated and specific than most questions I field, and I have to be careful to not try to answer a question that extends beyond my scope of practice.

Best of health to you,

Larry W, RRT

Respiratory Therapist

Larry W. Wical, BA-RRT