Resume Help/rehire cover letter

Question
I had worked for this agency for about 18 months.  I was a good employee and received good reviews during this time. It was basically a consultant type position in a non-profit agency. I had been offered a job in the same field but was for considerably more salary.  This position was a combination of a consultant position but in a business environment.  I worked there for 7 years before I was laid off.  I would like to return to my previous position in the non profit agency. My strengths are in the consultant not the business type career.  I am not sure if the agency has a rehire policy or not. How do I phrase the cover letter requesting rehiring?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Lauren:

You simply state that you were previously employed and give the position and years worked.  Sight some examples of your success with that agency and ask if they have a rehire policy, and if they do you are interested in speaking to them.

Give them 10 days, and call the agency to find out the status of your request.

Warmly, R. Butler

Resume Help

Ruth Butler