Resume Help/Need help applying for a job

I want to apply for this job but it requires the availability from M-F 9-1pm. Being a college student i know that i will not be available on Monday and Wednesday every week. To apply for this job i would have to e-mail them my resume and cover letter. I really want to get this job because other than the issue i mentioned above it is a great fit for someone like me who want to work part-time along with studies. I am confused on how to mention this issue to the hiring people. I know that talking about hour limit of my availability is very inappropriate before even i get hired. On the other hand, dishonesty will remain there otherwise. I am stuck and need some help on how and where to mention this problem. Should i mention it in the cover letter or in my e-mail. how can i let them know about the issue the most positive way possible? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reaching out. My recommendation would be to wait until the interview stage before mentioning this potential time conflict. Mentioning it prematurely (i.e. within the resume/cover letter, etc.) would most likely result in your candidacy being rejected outright. However, should you have a positive interview experience, your potential employer might well be inclined to make an accommodation here. Hope this helps!

-Anish Majumdar, CPRW

Resume Help

Anish Majumdar

As a Certified Professional Resume Writer and owner of, I can answer all questions regarding the structure, language and content of resumes. I can not only address specific problems, but suggest solutions that are based on current recruiter/hiring agent needs as well the feedback from thousands of U.S., U.K., and Canada clients spanning all major industries. I can also advise on cover letters, ASCII (Plain Text) documents, and executive profiles- pretty much any job search-related document.

Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) certification and Member in Good Standing of the Professional Association of Resume Writers (PARW). Owner and President of, a professional resume writing service that's worked with over 2000 clients spanning the U.S., Canada, and U.K. on job search documents that significantly increase response rates when submitting and shorten the duration of searches. 98% of our clients see a MARKED INCREASE IN INTERVIEWS within 30 days and are members of America's leading professional organizations, including the Project Management Institute, American Society for Quality, IEEE, Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals, Association for Financial Professionals, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, International Society of Six Sigma Professionals, National Guard Association, and Society for Human Resource Management.

Professional Association of Resume Writers (PARW)

Ezine Articles,,

Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)- Professional Association of Resume Writers (PARW

2000+ clients spanning U.S., U.K., and Canada. Testimonials available to view at: