Resume Help/What to write in the email subject?

Dear Sir,

What should you write in the email subject when you are required to send your job application via email?

thank you so much.

Hi John,

There are a number of things you can put there.  "Job App" or "Resume" or perhaps the posting or application number if one is given in the job announcement.  What you put is less important than simply making it clear what the subject is.  There is no one thing that all employers prefer, so unless they specify, something simple like what I have suggested will do the job.

If you'd like me to preview your documents prior to submitting, I will be happy to do that for you at no charge.  Send me an email with "Resume" in the subject and attach your documents.  Send to the address below.

Best of luck,

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.

I can answer questions about general job searches, resume construction, crafting an effective cover letter, and how to prepare for, and conduct, a winning interview. My speciality is the field of education, but I also have extensive background in business and administration. I know what works and what doesn't work and I can make your application package stand out from the rest ... because that is what you have to do.

I have interviewed for, and held, dozens of jobs in a career going back more than 42 years. I have taught at all educational levels including middle school, high school, community college, and university. In more than 42 years of experience on both sides of the job-search process, I have interviewed hundreds of applicants and have reviewed literally tens of thousands of job application packages. I am the author of 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them! I conduct workshops for job seekers in a variety of locations every year.

Music Educator's Journal, Teaching Music, Music and American Culture (forthcoming, 2013), Last Teacher Standing: The Job is Yours Now! and 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them!

B.A. New Mexico State University; M.Mus. Southern Illinois University; Ph.D. University of California and University of North Texas

Thousands of individuals