Resume Help/Resume

I'm currently looking for a real job after doing odd jobs for a very long time.I have a degree in computer programming and also a CPA from another country.I've only had two part time jobs,a crew at McDonald and also Client Service Provider at H & R block.I also have attended a course in Tax preparation through H & R Block classes.My other work experience was Audit ExaminerAccounts Clerk positions which I held before moving to the USA.I do constantly update my skills by myself,So I consider myself tech savvy.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for a summary of your skills, but I'm not sure what help you are asking for here.  Perhaps with a follow-up you might tell me what career path you are aiming at (i.e. what kind of "real job" are you looking for?).  I can make an assumption based on your background that you are looking for something in accounting or auditing but it would be better if you give me some specifics in that regard.

There is some valuable information here, but you really haven't asked me a question so it is unclear to me what kind of help you would like to have me provide.

I look forward to a follow-up communication from you with specific questions; that would enable me to provide you with specific responses pertinent to your situation.

Best wishes,

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.

I can answer questions about general job searches, resume construction, crafting an effective cover letter, and how to prepare for, and conduct, a winning interview. My speciality is the field of education, but I also have extensive background in business and administration. I know what works and what doesn't work and I can make your application package stand out from the rest ... because that is what you have to do.

I have interviewed for, and held, dozens of jobs in a career going back more than 42 years. I have taught at all educational levels including middle school, high school, community college, and university. In more than 42 years of experience on both sides of the job-search process, I have interviewed hundreds of applicants and have reviewed literally tens of thousands of job application packages. I am the author of 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them! I conduct workshops for job seekers in a variety of locations every year.

Music Educator's Journal, Teaching Music, Music and American Culture (forthcoming, 2013), Last Teacher Standing: The Job is Yours Now! and 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them!

B.A. New Mexico State University; M.Mus. Southern Illinois University; Ph.D. University of California and University of North Texas

Thousands of individuals