Resume Help/Resume/Cover Letter

Question
Hello , My name is James Carroll. I am a twenty four year old male
who is graduating from college in May. I have a four year degree in politics,
education, and sociology. It is called an "Individualized Major" and the title
of it is "Educational Advocacy." The career field I am interested in is the
resort industry, more particularly something to do with dealing with a youth
program within the resort. Youth programs at a resort or on a cruise would be
ideal however I would also be happy working at a resort and working my way
through the ranks. If you would like to see my resume, provide me with your
email and I will send it as All Experts doesn't allow attachments. Right now I
just need some direction in writing an effective cover letter as well as
finding possible employers to contact and send my application package. I
appreciate your time.

Answer
Mr. Carroll,

Have you worked EVER at a resort or within a youth program? If not, this would be where I suggest you begin looking for internship and/or mentors in this career field.

It doesn't matter what your major is in college, it is going to be VERY challenging to open doors in a career field that you have NEVER worked before without having a mentor and/or someone in the industry that can refer you to opportunities.

I would suggest, if you are not already doing so, to connect with Youth Camp Directors NOW to start building relationships and hopefully get a foot in the door of this career field.

I hope this helps!

Torski Dobson-Arnold
America's Top Career Confidence Coach

Resume Help

Torski Dobson-Arnold