Resume Help/Resume help

I am seeking to change my career to hotel sales. I would like to be a sales manager for a hotel. I have some hotel background and teaching background.
So I want to curtail my resume around my sales ability. I was a teacher and a substitute teacher. However, it does not flow smooth on my resume because of dates and duties.
For example, I started out as a substitute teacher from 11/07 - 12/09. Then I was hired as a full-time teacher from 12/09 - 6/11. I was then laid off in June 2011.
I went back to being a substitute from 8/12 - 6/13 in the same county.
I then moved to Iowa because of my fiances new job. I began working as a substitute from 8/12 - present.

I decided to group my teachign jobs together to show employers I have been in the education field for total of 6 years instead of singling them out one by one. The problem is I look like a job hopper in teaching. Should I list al the schools out one by one? That dates look too scattered. I thought maybe just starting from 11/07 - present?

Here is what my resume looks like:

3294 NW Edgewater Lane
Cell Phone:  

To apply strong sales and marketing skills to boosting your firmís revenues.

Led, trained and motivated 25 staff members weekly
Routinely handled as many as 200 customer contacts a day in a busy hotel
Managed a classroom consisting of +40 students
Entrepreneurial spirit with corporate skills driving revenue and profit performance
Profound ability to take ownership of problems and find suitable resolutions
Exceptionally motivated and eager to succeed
Contributed to the implementation of promotional programs that optimized revenue

Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Suite, Outlook, Excel, Delphi, Powerpoint, XP, 7, Vista, FMIS, OnQ
Knowledge of computer languages: C++, Java, .NET, HTML, MySQL
Sales/Marketing Support
Effective Oral/Written Communication
Client Relationship Management
Heavy telephone usage

Teacher and Substitute      Pinellas County Schools, St. Petersburg, FL
         Park Middle School, St. Petersburg, FL
         Des Moines Public Schools, Des Moines, IA 11/07 - Present

Developed innovative curriculum to instruct individual students and small groups
Successfully managed a large classroom of students while integrating high-level
lesson plans
Launched a Wellness Committee to improve healthy lifestyles
Established and maintained positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
Reduced school spending costs 25% by effectively implementing educational resources

Concierge          Bayfront Hilton Hotel, St. Petersburg, FL 11/04 - 06/08

Greeted guests in a courteous and friendly manner
Informed guests of the hotelís procedures and policies and provide emergency information
Increased hotel productivity by providing team support
Streamlined the guest service system to increase hotel business
Attended phone calls and answered customers' queries regarding hotel services
Upsold the hotel amenities and services

Sales Professional         Suntasia Marketing, St. Petersburg, FL 06/02 Ė 11/04
Increased revenue by 40% by utilizing effective closing skills
Motivated team members by having weekly meetings to help reach their sales goals
Generated qualified sales leads and appointments for new business
Set a company record by selling the most dell computers in a single day

Bachelor of Arts in Social Science
University of South Florida, 2005 GPA 3.5

Associate Arts in Psychology
Daytona Beach Community College"

I don't follow your resume based on your objective...

"To apply strong sales and marketing skills to boosting your firmís revenues."

But you don't show ANYWHERE in the resume where you have boosted anyone's revenues. I would definitely suggest that you rework the career target to speak more in alignment with your work experience.

I also like the idea of grouping all of your teaching experience together. I think it definitely reads a lot more succinct and easy-to-follow.

I'm  not sure how you feel about this but because your relevant experience is dated before your teaching experience, you may also benefit from creating a functional resume as well. Just a thought.

I hope this helps!

Claiming nothing but success in all of your career endeavors,

Torski Dobson-Arnold
"America's Top Career Confidence Coach"

Resume Help

Torski Dobson-Arnold

I can answer questions in regards to resume development, career transition, career planning, salary negotiation, the interview process, networking in a job fair/trade show environment, telephone screening and practically answer issue as it relates to career planning. With 10 years of being on the front lines of the applicant and recruitment process as a strategic human resources professional, I have the "insider track" to what sparks the interests of hiring managers to what top ten things you need to avoid when applying for new opportunities.

10 years in private and public strategic, professional human resources roles. 2 years as a professional resume writer, career coach. Own and operate an elite firm specializing in resume writing and other career services, Your Career Confidence, LLC (

NAAAHR (National Association of African-Americans in HR) NRWA (National Resume Writers Association) AORCP (Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals) SHRM (Society of Human Resources Management)

BA, Marketing Management, Mary Baldwin College, VA MS, Human Resources Management, Troy University, AL PHR certification (awarded in 2006)