Resume Help/Cover Letter Help

This is a cover letter for teaching ESL in Korea. Can you give me some tpis, please?

Dear Sir or Madame,

I would love to be a part of your diverse and dynamic team of ESL instructors in Korea. I am excited about embarking on this new adventure and eager to immerse myself into the rich culture of Korea. After researching a number of opportunities, I have decided that teaching ESL overseas is the right decision for me. Students who work with me will find an enthusiastic, flexible, dependable, and creative instructor who is passionate about teaching and helping students master the English language.

I received my B.A. in English/Creative Writing (2010) and my M.A. in English/Creative Writing (2012). While working as an ESL Supplemental Instructor at Cal State University Northridge, I have interacted with a number of international students from China, Japan, Korea, South America, Saudi Arabia, and Europe. This experience has taught me how to relate to students from multiple backgrounds and language proficiency levels.

I have one and a half years teaching experience at the collage level and have received training in classroom management, creating meaningful lesson plans, activities, and teaching strategies. These skills will assists me greatly if given an opportunity to teach abroad. Over the years I have also worked one-on-one with children as a nursery school teacher, summer camp coordinator, and English tutor. Consequently, I am familiar with the unique learning strategies needed to engage both children and adults.

I have over four years experience as an English/ESL tutor for children ages 3-15. I envision all learning spaces as neither laboratories nor workshops, but rather stages in which students are active players rather than passive observers. I enjoy encouraging children to explore and ask questions in order to enhance their language comprehension skills. This has been truly rewarding for me and I look forward to continuing on the tradition overseas.

I believe my qualifications should merit your consideration and I am confident that those who work with me will find an individual who is kind, compassionate, hard working, and innovative. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Respectfully,

Priscilla Ann Williams

This cover letter is good but speak an aweful lot to you and not so much to the return-on-investment of the company. If you have glowing recommendations from your students who find you to be "enthusiastic, flexible, dependable, and creative" that would be ideal.

You don't need to brag on yourself. Have someone else do it, preferrably those that would benefit the most from your expertise in teaching ESL.

I would make those changes and then move forward with submission.

I hope that helps!

"America's Top Career Confidence Coach"

Resume Help

Torski Dobson-Arnold

I can answer questions in regards to resume development, career transition, career planning, salary negotiation, the interview process, networking in a job fair/trade show environment, telephone screening and practically answer issue as it relates to career planning. With 10 years of being on the front lines of the applicant and recruitment process as a strategic human resources professional, I have the "insider track" to what sparks the interests of hiring managers to what top ten things you need to avoid when applying for new opportunities.

10 years in private and public strategic, professional human resources roles. 2 years as a professional resume writer, career coach. Own and operate an elite firm specializing in resume writing and other career services, Your Career Confidence, LLC (

NAAAHR (National Association of African-Americans in HR) NRWA (National Resume Writers Association) AORCP (Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals) SHRM (Society of Human Resources Management)

BA, Marketing Management, Mary Baldwin College, VA MS, Human Resources Management, Troy University, AL PHR certification (awarded in 2006)