Resume Help/2nd Interview.

Question
I have just gone through a day assessment for a job that I really like. Great news is that I have got through the first round and have been invited back for a 2nd interview. To be honest I didn't think I would get through the first day.
The job is customer service manager for a college. The customer is outside businesses.
I am thinking of putting together a business plan for the interview. I have done these before but not sure where i should start this time.
I want to have hand outs etc for the interview.
What do you think.
Where should I start.
The interview is with a board by the way next week.
Any help you can offer would be great.

I'm thinking a business plan should not be to specific and easily adaptable in case it doesn't fit their ideas.
What questions do you think they may go for and what response do you think.
Thanks.

Paul

Answer
Paul,

I do like the business plan approach for the 2nd interview. Be sure to address the issues in the role of CS Manager and how you plan to service your customers in this position.

Don't sell yourself short, my friend. The fact that you were invited back for the 2nd interview tells me that they are interested and want to know more about you, so GREAT JOB on selling yourself in the first interview.

Also, be sure to get the business cards of EVERYONE on the interview panel this time around and send thank you cards to each person individually within 24 hours of the interview. If you can reference something specific to them in the thank you card, that's even better. Statistically only 2-5% of all job applicants even send thank you letters, so this will also help you stand out in a good way amongst those that are being interview in this 2nd round.

Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of the interview. Be sure that these questions show a more mature evaluation of the job and the company and is not something that you can find the answer to on the website. Don't ask about benefits to the job EVER. That is something that you want the company to take the lead on.

Also, the business plan DOES need to be specific to their needs as a company and in regards to the role. Anything else is a waste of time.

I hope this helps!

Claiming nothing but success in all of your career endeavors,

Torski Dobson-Arnold
"America's Top Career Confidence Coach"

Resume Help

Torski Dobson-Arnold