Resume Help/What jobs to aim for
Due to the company being sold off, I have had to return to Europe to look for work. The trouble is that I am not sure what sort of jobs to aim for, given my rather varied CV. Here is my CV below - please give me some idea of what jobs to aim for given my CV. Thanks:-
*Personal Details Deleted*
2013 Moved to Vienna, Austria
2007 - 2013 Safari Camp Assistant, Mahale, Tanzania.
* Work:- Prepared accomodation for guests(16 beds in two-bed tents).
* Received and welcomed guests.
* Organised of the excursions according to the length of stay of the guests.
* Chose menus/ Cleaned and maintained boats.
2006 - 2007 Parking Attendant, NCP London.
* Work:- Checked correct parking of vehicles.
* Trained newer recruits.
2000 - 2005 Telemarketer, The Listening Company, London
* Work:- Was responsible for arranging insurance quotes.
* Persuaded companies to register onto a film-production database.
* Persuaded customers to register with AOL.
* Persuaded companies to register with business databases.
2000 - 2000 Telemarketer, Market Europe, London
* Work:- Responsible for arranging quotes for customers.
* Carried out telephone surveys.
1998-2000 Head of Archaeology Department, Foyle’s Bookshop, London
* Work: Buying books from publishers, discussing new publishing programs
with publishers representatives.
* Advising customers, selling and sorting books.
1996-1997 Assistant to Australian businessman, Germany.
* Work:- Helping with renovation of a property.
* Helped translate from German to English. Collaborated at import/export.
1995 English-Teacher in Kiev, Ukraine, Organisation Teaching Abroad
* Work:- Taught English to local businessmen.
1991-1992 Military service with Austrian Guards regiment.
* Work: Participated in army parades, military training, frontier surveillance, cleared
* snow in city-centre.
Programming Language „C“. Computeach, Dudley, England
BA in German,
Royal Holloway College, London University.
A-Levels:- D’Overbroek’s College, Oxford
Subjects:- Latin, Ancient Greek, German.
O-Levels, Winchester College, England
Subjects:- Latin, Ancient Greek, Mathematics, French, German, Biology, Physics, Chemistry,
English Language, English Literature.
English : Native Speaker.
German : Fluent in speech and writing.
French : Working knowledge.
Familiar with Access/Word/Powerpoint/Excel.”C” programming language.
* Swimming (Lifeguard certificate)
*Judo (green belt)
You have a myriad of experiences. I would REALLY look inside and try to aim at a specific goal and/or target that you want to do and then rewrite and focus your CV on that focus.
Companies don't hire generalists. They want specialists that can help them retain customers, generate revenue, etc.
I hope this helps!
"America's Top Career Confidence Coach"