Resume Help/Who should I write after the job failure?

Question
May I ask for your advice on this?
I have failed a job interview and I suppose I still need to send a thank-you letter.
The question is who should I write to.
The person who informed me of my failure is just a normal officer, who did not join the original interview panel.
Normally I would still write to those on the interview panel. However, when the interview ended, I sent them thank-you emails, but never received a reply.
So should I still write them?
Thank you

Answer
Hi Kevin,

Don't think of it as "failing a job interview."  We've all been there, but what appears to be a "failure" is often an opportunity to learn and to correct our mistakes.  

As to your question, the way to do this in the future, is to prepare a thank-you letter (not an email) in advance and mail it to the chair of the interview committee the moment you leave the interview site.  However, your emails were the second-best choice and you are to be commended for that.  Don't expect to receive a reply to any "thank you" that you send to anyone.  They granted you an interview and you thanked them.  That's it - unless you receive an offer of employment.  There is no need or protocol for responding to a letter of rejection.  Your "thank you" was done when you sent the emails.  But in the future, send the letter.

Now, if you would like some help for your next interview, send me a detailed account of the interview as best you can remember it.  In every job application over the years in which I was not successful, I could always look back and determine the one thing that buried my chances for that job.  That is probably true for you as well.  If you want to fix this, send me an email to the address below and detail the whole process for me; I feel sure I can give you some advice that will help next time.

Best wishes,

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.