Resume Help/resume help

How can I address the gaps between employment dates,to increase my chances of getting hired.

If you have received any new training/education during those gaps, I would recommend that you highlight that. Employers LOVE when applicants are furthering their education and building up their skills and abilities.

If you didn't do this, I would also recommend noting any volunteer work that you might have been involved in with your church or place of worship, local community agency, etc. In these environments, you are able to build on transferrable skills that are highly valuable in the workplace.

I hope this helps!

"America's Top Career Confidence Coach"

Resume Help

Torski Dobson-Arnold

I can answer questions in regards to resume development, career transition, career planning, salary negotiation, the interview process, networking in a job fair/trade show environment, telephone screening and practically answer issue as it relates to career planning. With 10 years of being on the front lines of the applicant and recruitment process as a strategic human resources professional, I have the "insider track" to what sparks the interests of hiring managers to what top ten things you need to avoid when applying for new opportunities.

10 years in private and public strategic, professional human resources roles. 2 years as a professional resume writer, career coach. Own and operate an elite firm specializing in resume writing and other career services, Your Career Confidence, LLC (

NAAAHR (National Association of African-Americans in HR) NRWA (National Resume Writers Association) AORCP (Association of Online Resume and Career Professionals) SHRM (Society of Human Resources Management)

BA, Marketing Management, Mary Baldwin College, VA MS, Human Resources Management, Troy University, AL PHR certification (awarded in 2006)