Resume Help/Rehire

I was out on LTD and the term ended which prompted termination. Termination with extended rehire if health improved. An open position is available and I am well. Should I make personal contact or just apply online with a coverletter? What do I say w/o groveling?

Dear Melanie:

If your previous track record and work history was positive, then I would make personal contact or at least phone contact and explain that you are now well and would like to apply for the open position.  They may ask for a doctor's note to make sure you can do the job, but other than that, they should let your apply.  There is no groveling involved, just state the facts.

Hope it works out.

Warmly, R. Butler

Resume Help

Ruth Butler

I will answer questions about resumes and how to do well on an interview. I am a former employment counselor and I have owned my own resume and career counseling business since 1982.