Resume Help/Job and interview help

Gud afternoon!    iam saif from india i have completed my at bangalore university,  i dont have any idea where i have go to seek jobs iam not intrested in call centre jobs... i dont have any job experience so plz tel me how to train my self for job intreview and to get Gud job... Tel me what are the job opportunites for fresher graduates and salary and perks... How to face intreview and what type of questions they ask... how to be successful,..  in interview even i dont have a good command over language plz give me some tips to improve my communicating skills. Reply me soon....       thanking you     saif...

Hello Saif,

To help you with your questions, you need to give me a bit more information.  For example, if I knew what your degree focus was or what kind of position you were interested in acquiring, that would help a lot.  You state that you don't want a call center job, but you haven't told me what you DO want.  Before I can be of much help to you about interviewing, questions you might be asked, etc., I need more background information.  Preparing for the interview and its questions varies from one profession to another, so I can't give you much advice unless I know more about where you see yourself headed professionally.

Perhaps an evaluation of your resume and cover letter would be a good place to start.  If you want me to take a look at those documents, you can send me an email at the the address below and attach whatever you have prepared in the way of resume and/or letter.  Since you state that you have no job experience, I suspect you will need to construct your resume in functional format rather than chronological.  If you are unsure about how to do that, send me an email and I can help you there.

As to improving your communication skills and improving your command of the English language, I suggest taking courses in English composition either online or locally at a community college.  The more your read, write, and speak the language, the more natural it will become for you.  This will be of immense help in any job interview or other situation where communication is vital.

I look forward to getting your documents!  

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.

I can answer questions about general job searches, resume construction, crafting an effective cover letter, and how to prepare for, and conduct, a winning interview. My speciality is the field of education, but I also have extensive background in business and administration. I know what works and what doesn't work and I can make your application package stand out from the rest ... because that is what you have to do.

I have interviewed for, and held, dozens of jobs in a career going back more than 42 years. I have taught at all educational levels including middle school, high school, community college, and university. In more than 42 years of experience on both sides of the job-search process, I have interviewed hundreds of applicants and have reviewed literally tens of thousands of job application packages. I am the author of 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them! I conduct workshops for job seekers in a variety of locations every year.

Music Educator's Journal, Teaching Music, Music and American Culture (forthcoming, 2013), Last Teacher Standing: The Job is Yours Now! and 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them!

B.A. New Mexico State University; M.Mus. Southern Illinois University; Ph.D. University of California and University of North Texas

Thousands of individuals