Resume Help/job search question..

Hello there!

Actually i was applying for a job online and there was a question on the form which i could understand properly.

The question was - do you have sales and service target experience?

i understand the sales achievement part (as in sales experience) but what is service target experience? My background is retail supermarket supervisor and i was wondering if achieving company service targets by employees such as scan rates, tender times etc count as service target?

your help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hi Anusha,

Generally the definition of the phrase refers to a target set by the company for the achievement of customer service objectives.

I cannot tell  you if the things you delineate will count with every company, but if you are unsure of the definition, by all means call the company and get their specific definition.  I think that's a better approach than guessing as to what they want.  

Good luck!

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.

I can answer questions about general job searches, resume construction, crafting an effective cover letter, and how to prepare for, and conduct, a winning interview. My speciality is the field of education, but I also have extensive background in business and administration. I know what works and what doesn't work and I can make your application package stand out from the rest ... because that is what you have to do.

I have interviewed for, and held, dozens of jobs in a career going back more than 42 years. I have taught at all educational levels including middle school, high school, community college, and university. In more than 42 years of experience on both sides of the job-search process, I have interviewed hundreds of applicants and have reviewed literally tens of thousands of job application packages. I am the author of 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them! I conduct workshops for job seekers in a variety of locations every year.

Music Educator's Journal, Teaching Music, Music and American Culture (forthcoming, 2013), Last Teacher Standing: The Job is Yours Now! and 12 Mistakes That Got Your Job Application Rejected ... And How To Fix Them!

B.A. New Mexico State University; M.Mus. Southern Illinois University; Ph.D. University of California and University of North Texas

Thousands of individuals