Resume Help/Entry Level Engineer Jobs In Europe

Question

I am currently an engineering student in my final year of studies, to graduate by the end of 2015. I am studying toward a bachelor of engineering, majoring in mechanical and aerospace. I live in Australia, however the aerospace industry is not very popular here, and I would like to work my way towards a more rewarding career.

I would like to get a foot in the door in Europe. Though I have been applying to jobs in Australia I have also applied to international companies. Airbus (Europe), GE (Asia and europe), Singapore companies. A lot.

But I have not been receiving any feedback, which is why I would like to ask what sort of qualities should I be displaying in my resume and cover letter?

I've read many articles suggesting the following type of structure:
1. Short introduction of myself and what I am applying for.
2. What skills I learnt on my internship (My strongest engineering experience)
3. What I achieved on my undergraduate thesis (2nd strongest experience).
4. My work now, as a volunteer researcher.
5. Conclude, by mentioning I am able to relocate and suggesting an interview.

I am flexible and capable (financially) of independently relocating. I would expect they would take someone from their country over an international such as me, but I want to give it my best.

Any advice would be helpful, also it would be great to have someone review a cover letter or resume of mine :)

Cheers for your help
Rishan

Answer
Hi Rishan,

It appears to me that you have thought of the correct basic approach to writing your resume and letter.  However, HOW you write is just as important as WHAT you write in both documents.  So, the best thing for us to do here is for you to send me an email to the address below and attach both your letter and resume.

I will be happy to take a look and give you my assessment of each.  Look forward to seeing your documents!

Best wishes,

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.