Resume Help/Career Planning

Question
Dr. Converse, I am a 20 year old college student majoring in History. I am interested in possibly going into business after I obtain a degree.  I was wondering what I could do to improve my job resume and what I could do to further a career in business?
Thanks

Answer
Hi John,

You don't say how far along you are in your studies, so I don't know if a change of major is a possibility for you.  However, if you seriously want to pursue a business career, your degree in history is not going to be a big help to you.  If you want to "further a career in business," then the business degree is what you will need.

As to improving your job resume, I will be happy to look at your resume as it is now and give you some guidance there; if you would like me to critique it, attach it to an email and send it to the address below.  I won't really be able to answer the part of your question about improving your resume until I actually see it.

Best wishes,

Resume Help

Ralph D. Converse, Ph.D.