Retail Industry/Looking to break my product into the bridal retail market

HI Stu, I am just compiling a list of questions to ask High End bridal boutiques with regards to them selling my patented folding bridal shoes.

Do you have any advice on what type of questions I should be asking?

Kindest regards

Hi Martine,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get the original notification of your question. If you are apporaching high end boutiques, you need to provide them a sample, and talk through what price they think they will sell it for. They will be the ones asking questions - what cost to them, supply and shipping questions, payment terms, etc, so ensure you go prepared.

What do you ask them? Feedback, sale price, etc. I personally have no idea what a folding bridal shoe is, and why people would buy that over normal shoes (excuse my ignorance) - so be prepared to explain your USP (unique selling proposition, and how that will translate to sales).

Hope that helps

Retail Industry

Stu Jordan

Simply put, I help Retailers make more profit! You will NOT hear me talk about excessive stock control mechanisms, specialized POS software, or sales training. Instead, I am available to answer questions relating to retail fundamentals - the art of buying and selling - and making a healthy profit along the way. Areas of specialty include: - CASHFLOW - how to keep your business in the black (or get it out of the red!) - PRICING - strategies, margin, mark-up, wholesale to retail, etc. - PRODUCTS - what to buy, what to avoid. - PRESENTATION - the science of product placement! - SALES - how to grow these fast, and keep the cash register ringing. - AGED STOCK - a silent profit killer! How to manage this area of your business - SUPPLIERS - leveraging these relationships so you get more from them! - MARGIN EROSION - and how to prevent it. If you have any general or specialized retail issue, I am happy to help you out. Also happy to talk to manufacturer/wholesalers who are looking for advice on breaking their products into the retail market. Follow me on Twitter @retailguru, or check out my blog for other useful advice (free!)

15 years experience in the Retail industry - unlike many experts, I have made my money from my own retail ventures, not from selling my advice! Over ten years of my retail life was as a troubleshooter - my job was to fix the messes! I have worked with a huge variety of retailers to turn their struggling businesses around, and have found there are a number of principles that apply to all types of retail businesses, from luxury boutiques through to 2nd hand stores. I own a successful retail business in New Zealand, which has recently been franchised. My success comes in retail from the same strategies I am happy to share with you. I am also the author of The Retail Prosperity System - a handbook for Retailers who want to make more money from their retail businesses. This outlines the strategies I have developed and used in retail myself.

A number of Retail Associations, including NZRA, BNI (you would be amazed how networking can improve your revenues!), EMA, New Zealand Franchise Association

Author of The Retail Prosperity System, various forums and blogs, including

Studied Law at Otago University, and let's be honest - nothing beats 15 years real experience in the retail world, including building my own successful retail chain from scratch!

New Zealand TOP SHOP finalist 2010